Potential mentees will apply using the application form below. Please indicate your preference for Screen or Live Performance mentoring; although many designers’ practices are common to both industry sectors the career paths can be quite distinct. Graduates of tertiary training intuitions are encouraged to apply. Two years professional experience is a pre-requisite for applying to the program. The program is open to emerging and mid-career practitioners.
Mentees will be selected on the strength of their application and whether an appropriate mentee/mentor match can be established. Mentees are selected based on the following criteria:
- Training and skills achieved to date.
- A minimum 2 years professional experience working as a designer in stage, events and/or screen industries.
- High standard of design thinking and realisation of ideas.
- Career aspirations.
SELECTION AND PAIRING
MENTORAPDG co-ordinators will endeavour to make an appropriate match, taking into account mentee and mentor preferences.
Mentors are typically based in capital cities, however mentees living regionally are encouraged to participate as the mentorship can take place via email, Zoom and phone as well as some face to face meetings.
Please note that the mentorship is an association between individual practitioners and is not affiliated with stage productions, film projects or employment opportunities.
INFORMATION FOR MENTORS
This is a voluntary, unpaid scheme in a structured format, with guidelines from APDG.
Mentors are established designers (at least 15 years professional experience).
APDG will provide support and management of the mentor program throughout its one year term.
It is expected you will be prepared to answer questions, offer advice and guidance in the creative and professional steps that your mentee can take to realise their goals.
We invite you to participate in this opportunity to share hard-earned knowledge and to experience the fulfilment in helping a younger designer. This is an exchange both ways!
SUBMISSION MATERIALS FOR MENTEES
Completed online Application Form (below)
Upload the following documents in the application form:
- Resume/CV. (Max. 2MB)
- Selected Portfolio: 4-10 pages, PDF (Max. 5MB)
- Written reference from an industry professional: director, designer or producer. Word or PDF format (Max. 250 Words) (Max. 2MB)
- Statement of intent: Why you would like to participate in the MENTORAPDG 2023 and what you would like to gain from the program? (Max. 2MB)