ABOUT THE 2019 AWARDS
The 2019 APDG Awards were the 9th annual and it gathered professionals from the Australian film, television, stage and interactive multimedia industries, to celebrate the art of visually captivating audiences.
The 2019 awards recognised outstanding achievements and excellence in design for works that were broadcast, screened or performed for the first time in the Australian financial year beginning 1st July 2018 and ending 30th June 2019. For a full list of the winners please see the winners webpage.
THE 2020 APDG Awards
Entries open: July 2020
When: December 2020
Where: Brisbane, QLD
More details about the 2020 APDG Awards will be released around June 2020, including entries open and close dates, the categories to be presented, and the venue where it will be hosted. If you would like to be contacted directly please email firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can send you a reminder. In the meantime, make sure you keep photos, drawings, thoughts and promo clips from the productions you work on.
THE 2019 AWARDS CATEGORIES*
*In 2020, this category list will be subject to change.
- Animation Design for screen
- Concept Design: drawing, concept illustration and concept models for screen, events, interactive exhibition and live performance
- Costume Design for a feature film
- Costume Design for a live performance
- Costume Design for a television production or web series
- Design for a commercial
- Design for a live event
- Design for a live performance
- Design for a short film or music clip
- Emerging Designer for live performance: for student or emerging set, costume or lighting Design
- Emerging Designer for screen: for student or emerging animation, costume, production or VFX Design
- Lighting Design for a live performance
- Make-up and Hair Design: for film television or live performance
- Production Design for a feature film
- Production Design for a television production or web series
- Set Decoration: for a feature film or television
- Set Design for a live performance
- Title Design
- Visual Effects or Video Design: for a live performance or screen
The APDG also presented another three awards at the discretion of the Judging Committee. These awards cannot be entered.
- Lifetime Achievement in live performance – awarded via panel
- Lifetime Achievement in screen – awarded via panel
- Cameron Creswell Award – awarded via panel
In 2020, the APDG will also present the following bi-annual Awards.
- Excellence in Live Performance: Acknowledging excellence in design on international productions, or on Australian or international productions
- Excellence in Screen: Acknowledged excellence in design on international productions, or on Australian or international productions
- Prosthetic Make-up Design: for film, television or live performance
- Thelma Afford Award
2019 APDG Sponsors
Docklands Studios Melbourne is a state-of-the-art, dry-hire facility for film and television production.Find out more
The APDG Awards would not be possible without the support of our generous sponsors.
If you would like to find out more about sponsorship for future awards, please get in touch with us.