The APDG Awards is an annual event that gathers together professionals from the Australian film, television, stage and interactive multimedia industries, to celebrate the art of visually captivating audiences the world over.
The awards recognise outstanding achievements and excellence in design for works that have been broadcast, screened or performed for the first time in the Australian financial year beginning 1st July 2017 and ending 30th June 2018.
2018 APDG Awards dates
Entries open on Monday the 13th of August.
Entries close on Sunday 9th September.
The Awards ceremony will be held in Sydney on Sunday 16th December.
2018 Awards categories
- Animation Design on a short film, commercial or series
- Costume Design for a feature film
- Costume Design for a live performance
- Costume Design for a television production
- Costume Design on a web series
- Design for a commercial
- Design for an interactive or experiential game
- Design for a live event
- Design for a live performance
- Design for a short film or music clip
- Drawing, concept illustration and concept models for screen, events, interactive exhibition and live performance
- Excellence in live performance – Acknowledging Excellence in Design and Practice on international productions
- Excellence in screen – Acknowledging Excellence in Design and Practice on international productions
- Lighting Design for live performance
- Make-up & Hair Design for a film
- Make-up & Hair Design for a television production
- Make-up, Hair & Prosthetic Make-up Design for a live performance
- Production Design for a feature film
- Production Design for a television drama
- Production Design for a television production
- Production Design for a web series
- Prosthetic Make-up Design for a screen production
- Set Decoration for a feature film
- Set Decoration for television
- Set Design for a live performance
- Student Design for live performance – Set, Costume or Lighting Design
- Student Design for screen – Animation, Costume, Production or VFX Design
- Title Design
- Visual Effects Design for a screen production
Non enterable awards categories
The APDG also presents another four awards at the discretion of the Judging Committee. These awards cannot be entered.
- Lifetime Achievement in live performance – awarded via panel
- Lifetime Achievement in screen – awarded via panel
- Cameron Creswell Award
- Thelma Afford Award
2017 APDG Awards Sponsors
Docklands Studios Melbourne is a state-of-the-art, dry-hire facility for film and television production.Find out more
The APDG Awards would not be possible without the support of our generous sponsors.
If you would like to find out more about sponsorship for future awards, please get in touch with us.