ABOUT THE 10th ANNIVERSARY APDG AWARDS
The Australian Production Design Guild are thrilled to announce that we will be proceeding with the awards in 2021. Due to Covid-19 restrictions we have moved to a virtual event on the the new date of November 7, 2021 at 7pm AEST.
This year is a very special year for the guild, as we will be celebrating the 10th Anniversary APDG Awards. The Australian Production Design Guild Awards gather professionals from the Australian film, television, stage and interactive multimedia industries to celebrate the art of visually captivating audiences. Previously held in Sydney or Melbourne, Brisbane has been selected to host this milestone event. We look forward to recognising nominees and winners for their outstanding work.
Entries have now closed, if you would like to discuss your entry, please CONTACT US. Nominations were announced in July and you can see them HERE. Tickets for the virtual event are available HERE. If you have purchased a ticket for the original event date, we will be in touch to discuss your options.
THE 10TH ANNIVERSARY APDG AWARDS – WHAT’S NEW
- For the first time, the APDG will be accepting award nominations for Australian’s working on overseas productions.
- The awards nomination period has been increased by a week. This does mean that no entries will be accepted after Midnight on Sunday May 23, 2021.
- Introducing new collaborative awards – Design collaboration for a live performance or event Award and the Emerging Designer Awards will now be opened to both teams as well as individuals.
- The awards entry process has been updated and simplified. Simply login to the APDG membership portal to enter.
- To counteract the Covid-19 postponement of the awards, the period in which the work was produced, will be extended. Works screened, broadcasted, shown or performed (or were scheduled, but canceled due to Covid-19) between July 1, 2019 and February 1, 2021 will be accepted.
- The 10th Anniversary APDG Awards will be held in Brisbane for the first time. If you are based in Queensland and are interested in volunteering or sponsoring the awards, please CONTACT US.
- April 16 Early Bird Entries Open
- April 30 Early Bird Entries Close
- May 1 General Entries Open
- May 23 General Entries Close
- July 16 Nominees Announced
- September 20 Tickets Available
- November 7 10th Anniversary APDG Awards
2019 APDG Awards Sponsors
Docklands Studios Melbourne is a state-of-the-art, dry-hire facility for film and television production.Find out more
The APDG Awards would not be possible without the support of our generous sponsors.
If you would like to find out more about sponsorship for future awards, please get in touch with us.