ABOUT THE AWARDS
The APDG Awards is an annual event that gathers together professionals from the Australian film, television, stage and interactive multimedia industries, to celebrate the art of visually captivating audiences the world over.
The awards recognise outstanding achievements and excellence in design for works that have been broadcast, screened or performed for the first time in the Australian financial year beginning 1st July 2018 and ending 30th June 2019.
THE 2019 APDG AWARDS
When: Sunday 1 December
Where: Melba Spiegeltent, Collingwood, Victoria
Ticket Sales: from Friday 18 October
THE 2019 AWARDS CATEGORIES
- Animation Design for screen
- Costume Design for a feature film
- Costume Design for a live performance
- Costume Design for a television production
- Costume Design on a web series
- Design for a commercial
- Design for a live event
- Design for a live performance
- Design for a short film or music clip
- Design for an interactive or experiential game
- Concept Design: drawing, concept illustration and concept models for screen, events, interactive exhibition and live performance
- Emerging Designer for live performance: for student or emerging set, costume or lighting Design
- Emerging Designer for screen: for student or emerging animation, costume, production or VFX Design
- Lighting Design for a live performance
- Make-up and Hair Design: for film television or live performance
- Production Design for a feature film
- Production Design for a television drama
- Production Design for a television production
- Production Design for a web series
- Set Decoration: for a feature film or television
- Set Design for a live performance
- Title Design
- Visual Effects or Video Design: for a live performance or screen
The APDG also presents another four awards at the discretion of the Judging Committee. These awards cannot be entered.
- Lifetime Achievement in live performance – awarded via panel
- Lifetime Achievement in screen – awarded via panel
- Cameron Creswell Award
In 2020, the APDG will also present the following Awards.
- Excellence in Live Performance: Acknowledging excellence in design on international productions, or on Australian or international productions
- Excellence in Screen: Acknowledged excellence in design on international productions, or on Australian or international productions
- Prosthetic Make-up Design: for film, television or live performance
- Thelma Afford Award
2018 APDG Awards Sponsors
Docklands Studios Melbourne is a state-of-the-art, dry-hire facility for film and television production.Find out more
The APDG Awards would not be possible without the support of our generous sponsors.
If you would like to find out more about sponsorship for future awards, please get in touch with us.