TERMS AND CONDITIONS
If you are planning on entering the APDG Awards, please read the following terms and conditions prior to starting your entry to ensure that your entry is eligible. The APDG reserves the right to disqualify any entry that does not meet these terms and conditions. By submitting an entry, the entrant agrees to these terms and conditions and any refund requests will only be assessed if these terms and conditions have been met.
- The work submitted to the 2022 APDG Awards must have been broadcast, screened or performed for the first time between February 2, 2021 and February 1, 2022 including works scheduled, but cancelled due to Covid-19.
- Entrants must have current APDG membership to enter and must maintain current membership until the awards ceremony in August 2022.
- As long as the entrant is a full member and Australian/New Zealand resident or citizen, they may enter a work that was produced overseas.
- Emerging members can only enter emerging Categories. If an emerging member wishes to enter another category, they must upgrade to full membership.
- Affiliate members may submit an entry on behalf of a full member, but must submit a letter of authority from the full member. They can purchase a business name on trophy option if they are the producers or owners of copyright in a work.
- If the affiliate (business representative) is the member/designer, you must enter through the affiliate membership account. Both affiliate membership and full membership must be current and remain current until the awards ceremony in August 2022
- Entrants may enter more than one work in the Awards. A separate entry form must be submitted for each entry.
- The same entrant cannot enter the same Work to more than one category. The only exception in which the Work may be entered a second time, is into the “Concept Art” Category, if the entrant’s concept art materials weren’t entered into another category.
- Entrants may enter as many categories as they like.
- The most senior head of a department should act as the entrant where there is a design team involved.
- Serving on APDG boards, panels or committees does not restrict entry.
Entrants receive and own the APDG trophy if they win unless the Business name on trophy is purchased by the production company or owners of copyright in the work. The Business name on trophy can only be purchased by Affiliate members of the APDG.
- There is only one entrant per entry, except for the Emerging Design and Art Direction Team entries.
- There is only one trophy per category.
- For Emerging Design and Art Direction Team entries all team members will be acknowledge on the one trophy. For all other categories, only the entrant will be acknowledged on the trophy.
- Design Teams will be acknowledged on the APDG website and in the program.
- Any additional trophies for the design team members, can be purchased by the entrant for up to 12 months after the awards ceremony.
Entrants will need to be able to authorise, or attach a letter of authorisation from the relevant authority, to permit the APDG to:
- Air the supplied promotional clip and promotional image at the APDG awards ceremony.
- Publish the supplied promotional clip and promotional image at a possible streamed awards event.
- Choose music to accompany the supplied clip if no soundtrack is attached.
- Publish the supplied clip and still on all APDG Awards related materials and websites.
- Distribute the supplied still to media reporting on the APDG Awards.
CATEGORIES AND ENTRIES
The APDG Management Committee reserve the right not to present an award in any category.
Decisions made by the APDG Management Committee regarding the Awards are final.
The APDG Management Committee reserve the right to not run a category if that category receives 3 or less entries, in which case entrant/s will be refunded the full amount of their entry fee.
The APDG Awards entry form, eligibility criteria, entering, judging, and announcing processes use the following definitions:
ENTRANT: The name of a FULL member who is the individual who is the lead designer or the leader of the DESIGN TEAM responsible for the WORK. The individual responsible for compiling the entry, signing the entry form and seeking permission from the production company or owner of copyright in the WORK to enter the awards. The name on the trophy will be that of the ENTRANT unless it is a TEAM entry or the BUSINESS NAME ON TROPHY OPTION is purchased by the owner of copyright in the WORK, in which case the ENTRANT’S name on the trophy is optional.
Exceptions to ENTRANT’S being a FULL MEMBER:
- ENTRANTS in the Emerging categories members be EMERGING members.
- Design Team members that are not Australian or New Zealand residents or citizens may be affiliate members.
The WORK: The project to be judged.
The CLIP: Not judged. A maximum 20 second movie or compilation of stills. It will be screened at the APDG Awards ceremony and on APDG Awards related websites if the ENTRANT is shortlisted.
The STILL: Not judged. A JPEG image (2000 pixels wide). That will be used to represent the WORK at the Awards ceremony, on APDG Awards related websites and in media coverage.
DESIGN TEAM: A maximum of 5 names and their roles as defined by the ENTRANT. The lead designer (or ENTRANT) must be a Full or Emerging APDG member and for general entries at least 50% of the nominated design team must be an APDG member and/or an Australian designer or design associate. For Emerging Designer or Art Direction Team entries 100% of the design team must be an APDG member. The names and roles of the design team will be listed in the APDG Awards program and on the APDG website.
BUSINESS NAME ON TROPHY OPTION: Available to AFFILIATE members of the APDG. The right to have the name of a business or name of the owner of copyright in the WORK above or in the place of the name of the ENTRANT. Also the right to own, keep and accept the trophy at the Awards ceremony. In a best case scenario the ENTRANT and THE DESIGN TEAM should be onstage during any acceptance when BUSINESS NAME ON TROPHY OPTIONS have been purchased