Thank you for your interest in entering the 10th Anniversary Australian Production Design Guild Awards. Entries will open on April 16, 2021. If you’d like to be part of the APDG Awards you can buy tickets when they go on sale in May.
The information below is intended to assist entrants in answering questions and ensuring their entry application is successful.
AWARDS ENTRY CHECKLIST
- Ensure your membership is valid or you can join HERE.
- Ensure your work is eligible: Was the work was first screened, broadcasted, shown or performed* between July 1, 2019 and February 1, 2021? (*Please note entries for works that were designed, but then cancelled due to COVID-19 will be accepted).
You can save and close your application at anytime. To be eligible for the early-bird discount you need to submit prior to April 30, however you can still update your entry until May 23, 2021.
WHAT YOU NEED
- Your Contact Details (Name, address, email).
- A PDF Design Process document: An outline of your design process with the director, co-designers and other artists through concept and design development and realisation.
- Design Process Images: 6-12 photos and/or illustrations that demonstrate the design or the design process in creating the work. Please submit as labelled JPGs or PNGs. You may also add labelled images, formatted into the Rationale, however this is optional.
- Video or Images of the Work: 1- 3 video files of the work to support your entry. The video files may be the full work, edited highlights or a promotional clip. You may upload an additional 12 photographs.
If not submitting video, 10 – 30 high-resolution production stills of the work.
- Promotional Clip of the work: A clip of the work that demonstrates its design quality. The clip is not judged but will be screened at the awards ceremony if the work is shortlisted by the judges. The clip should be no longer than 30 seconds.
- Promotional Image: 1 image that demonstrates the quality of the work. This image will represent the work at the awards ceremony, on the website and in media coverage. This image will be less that 2000 pixels wide and submitted as a JPEG or PNG. A landscape formatted image is preferred.
- Design Team contact details: You may nominate up to 5 additional members of your design team. Please ensure you have their details and their approval.
- Authority to use supporting documentation and promotional materials: Please ensure that you have the relevant permissions to use images and videos submitted.
STEP 1: LOGIN TO YOUR APDG MEMBER ACCOUNT
STEP 2: ENTER THE AWARDS PORTAL
Once you have logged-in, you will need to go to the ENTER HERE section of the website. (Please note, this will not be available until April 16.)
STEP 3: COMPLETE THE ENTRY FORM
The new easy to use form guides you step-by-step through the entry process. If you need assistance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
STEP 4: PAY THE ENTRY FEE
Payment of the entry fee/s can be made via secure online credit card payment embedded in the application form. If you don’t have a credit card, please contact email@example.com for further payment options.
EARLY BIRD PRICES
Friday April 16 – Friday April 30
Saturday May 1 – Sunday May 23