Have you ever wondered what to do with crockery, cutlery, groceries, toiletries and toys at the end of a shoot? Zuzia Buszewicz in Sydney is redistributing goods to those in need. She writes:
MANY HAPPY RETURNS, a film and TV technicians’ initiative, supporting sustainable production wrap-ups, invites you to clear out your art department storage of ex-props and give them to refugees.
ITEMS WE CAN ACCEPT:
- New/near new (in the box) or tagged & tested small electrical appliances: small lamps, toasters, kettles, irons etc.
- Kitchen and tableware: plates, glasses (no alcohol, though), mugs, complete tuppaware containers, cutlery, drink bottles, keepcups, pots & pans, napery, tea towels etc.
- Unused beauty & bathroom products: toothbrushes, single use razors, sunscreen, shampoo, soap, lotions, detergents etc.
- Kids backpacks, sports bags, ladies bags, wallets, pencil cases, crayons, colouring books, plastic toys, un-opened party decorations etc.
- New, unused, unopened (or VERY neatly folded) towels, sheets, light weight curtains
TO DONATE: Call 0424 347 862 OR email firstname.lastname@example.org